As India gets ready for Union Budget 2023, the last full budget by Modi 2.0 Government before the general elections in 2024, ET NOW, India’s leading English Business News channel and ET NOW SWADESH, Hindi Business News Channel, have announced an exclusive Budget special programming under the theme, Budget 2023 – Leap Ahead.
While the world over is grappling and preparing for recession, India, one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, is getting ready for the next big leap toward realizing its $5 trillion economic goal. Capturing the tone and the mood for the Union Budget 2023, ET NOW and ET NOW SWADESH offers its viewers a comprehensive 360-degree perspective of this landmark budget that will set the tone as India continues to leap towards becoming an investment-friendly and global manufacturing hub.
Using cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art AR graphics to present a simplified Budget analysis, ET NOW and ET NOW SWADESH present a slew of interactive and engaging line-up that will decode Union Budget 2023 & its impact along with dedicated expert advice on stocks, markets, wealth creation ideas, investment insights and more. The channels have also partnered with Deloitte India as Knowledge Partner and will have their industry experts share views on social, political, and economic implications of the Union Budget.
Pre-Budget Programming details below
1. BUDGET & MARKETS: Often known as the sentiment indicator, Indian stock market has been crucial in garnering investment into India. Airing every day at 4 pm, ET NOW and ET NOW SWADESH in the run up to the elections will analyse what the market mavericks are eyeing from FM Sitharaman.
2. ECONOMIST PANEL: Given that the developed world is bracing itself for the recession, the show will provide an in-depth view of how well India’s macros are placed to withstand the storm. With an esteemed team of economists including, Sonal Varma, Managing Director and Chief Economist for Nomura Holdings, Samiran Chakraborty, Chief Economist, India at Citibank and Indraneil Sengupta, CLSA, the show will delve into their expectation on India’s GDP growth & their targets for the fiscal.
3. BUDGET & START-UPS: Airing at 6:00 pm on the channels, the show understands the Budget expectations from the thriving start-up community. Be it ecommerce, logistics, funding or taxation, it is this start-up sector that will be impacted the most with the Budget announcement. Investor & Entrepreneur Ronnie Screwvala will help understand the current landscape for the start-ups in India & what will help the sector take India to the next leg of growth.
4. THE MONEY SHOW: How will the Union Budget impact your wallet? How can you counter inflation & yet continue to grow your investments? This special show airing at 5 pm offer viewers an opportunity to share their personal finance queries LIVE with an esteemed panel of guests.
On Budget Day,
Commencing with the LIVE coverage of the FM speech, think tanks, Swaminathan Aiyar, Mythili Bhusnurmath, Rajnish Kumar, Puneet Chhatwal, Dr Ashutosh Raghuvanshi will simplify, analyse and dissect the Budget and give real-time views as its being delivered. Tracking the economic and political impact of the Budget, ET NOW & ET NOW SWADESH will cover a series of in-depth discussions and interviews with key policy makers and present actionable ideas to fuel India’s economic growth.
Budget Day programming details below
1. LIVE coverage from big industry chambers– CII, FICCI, Bombay Chamber Of Commerce & Industry
2. Budget Fatafat – A quick roundup of all the key takeaways from the Budget.
3. India’s secretaries panel featuring will decode the Budget & its impact on state finances.
4. Special Tax Panel featuring to help understand the tax implication of the steps announced in the Union Budget.
5. Budget & You – A personal finance show that will answer all the viewers queries on their personal finance with esteemed panel of guests.
Promising viewers an immersive TV viewing experience, ET NOW and ET NOW SWADESH add on to the Budget excitement with an on-air contest, Budget Master on February 1, 2023. Participants can enter the contest by watching the channels and answering simple questions asked every hour between 9 am to 2 pm to stand a chance to win gold.