MediAvataar's News Desk
“The popular Bhojpuri entertainment channel gears up to celebrate the country’s 72nd Republic Day amongst its ardent viewers with the superhit film at 6 pm”
Movies that celebrate the motherland in all its grandeur see millions of avid cinephiles tune in to watch their favourite patriotic films on occasions such as the Republic Day. All set to keep its viewers enthralled as the country celebrates the landmark event for the 72nd time, ZEE Biskope brings to its viewers one such story on screen with the ZEE Biskope Premiere of the superhit film India Vs Pakistan on Tuesday, January 26 at 6pm. Perfectly serving audiences with relatable content that celebrates Bhojpuriyat with novelty, the channel once again is set to leave no stone unturned in showcasing narratives that instils the feeling of pride in every bhojpuriya.
Starring the likes of superstars Yash Kumar, Riteish Pandey, Arvind Akela ‘Kallu’, Rakesh Mishra, the film revolves around the lives of 4 youngsters from a small town in India whose fathers are serving in the Indian Army. While fighting the battle of a disputed land between India and Pakistan (no man’s land) the fathers of these young boys get martyred. Here begins the journey of this quartet who decide to avenge their fathers sacrifice by joining the Indian Army. What makes the movie an entertaining watch is their unusual fight for the disputed land which is a long pending issue and how they emerge victorious in the end making their people proud.
Speaking about the same, Samrat Ghosh, Cluster Head East, ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Ltd said, “As a brand, we take pride in serving audiences with entertainment that resonates topicality and the mood of the region. The idea around these occasions is to create a sense of fervour through our platform and engage viewers, who are an integral part of the ZEE Biskope family. Such programming proves extremely fruitful with regards to advertisers as they look to maximise their reach on such occasions and foster their connect with consumers. This is just the start of the year and we’ve got a whole lot of immersive and engaging content in the pipeline that’s sure to keep the audience entertained.”
Speaking about the offering, Amarpreet Singh Saini, Business Head, ZEE Biskope and Big Ganga said, “ZEE Biskope has established itself as a movie plus brand where we experiment and curate programming line-ups as per the tastes and preferences of our viewers. Rejoicing in every emotion that they go through, we are elevating the essence of patriotism this Republic Day across the entire region. Staying true to its core of serving authentic Bhojpuri entertainment, we hope this movie will bring in the feeling of pride through yet another comprehensive offering by the channel.”
Along with headlining a host of category first initiatives, Zee Biskope has brought novelty to the category. The channel is motivated to grow from strength to strength and break new ground in the industry as the ultimate Bhojpuri entertainer.
Thai people, Britons and Danes are the most willing to take the vaccine, in UAE and KSA more than half say so
With COVID-19 vaccines now being rolled out across the world, YouGov’s COVID-19 trackers show that people in Thailand and the UK are the most likely to say that they will take the coronavirus vaccine when it becomes available to them, at 83% and 80% respectively.
Other countries where willingness to take the drug is high include Denmark (70%), Mexico (68%), India (67%), and Spain (66%).
At the bottom of the table are France and Poland, where just 39% and 28% respectively say they will take the vaccine.
In the UAE, a majority (56%) show willingness, but more than a fifth are either unsure or unwilling to take the jab (22% each). In KSA, a similar proportion (51%) are willing to take the vaccine, while 22% are against the idea.
The nationwide vaccination campaign in the UAE is picking up speed and more than 1.8 million people have already received the vaccine until now. The country aims to inoculate 70% of its population by the end of 2021. While it looks like the UAE is on track to meet its target, a large proportion remain hesitant to take the jab.
The results also show that willingness to take the COVID-19 vaccine has been improving in many countries in recent weeks. For instance, in Britain it has risen from 61% in mid-November to 80% now, and in Spain it is up from 53% in mid-December to 65% now.
In KSA, the percentage of people wanting to get vaccinated has increased from 42% in December end to 51% now. However, in the UAE, it has reduced to some extent, from 63% is mid-December to 56% now.
There has been no change in other countries, however, particularly the USA, where the current figure of 45% is little different from the 42% we recorded there when the question was first asked in July (although it has fluctuated a little over that period).
As India gears up for the celebration of its 72nd Republic Day, Republic Media Network brings to you an unmissable exclusive broadcast series from the Valley of Kashmir.
Republic Media Network's Senior Consulting Editor - Strategic Affairs Major Gaurav Arya (Retd.) is all set to take India and viewers across the world to the heart of counter-terror operations at Handwara with 7 Sector Rashtriya Rifles, also known as the Rajwar Tigers.
The Rajwar Tigers are at the forefront of the counter-terror operations in North Kashmir. The four-episode series will make for unmissable viewing with Major Arya taking the audience to Ground Zero and giving them an up close and personal peek into how operations are carried out.
The series will showcase a ringside view of the invincible spirit of the Indian Army, their prowess and will bring to its audience unseen footage and untold stories, narrated by the Indian Army soldiers. The four-episode special series will feature the Rashtriya Rifles, their training and action, stories Veer Naris, widows of our martyrs, and an exclusive interview of Corp Commander of XV Corps, and much more.
Ahead of this Republic Day, the Republic Media Network salutes the forces for their boundless grit, spirit, and courage. True to its mission of ‘Nation First’ & ‘Forces First’, Republic brings to you stories of sacrifice, honor and duty.
Commenting on the upcoming broadcast series, Major Gaurav Arya said, “It is a matter of great honor and privilege to be able to tell the stories of India’s brave hearts and those who have always put the nation above self”.
“When I entered 7 Sector RR, a young army officer greeted me and said ‘Welcome home, Sir’. This is what the Indian Army is for me – home. I feel blessed” added Major Arya.
Watch the exclusive series ‘Bharat Ke Veer’ only on Republic Bharat and ‘India’s Brave Hearts’ only on Republic TV on 23rd and 24th Jan, 26th Jan, 30th and 31st Jan 2021.
Nation First. Jai Hind!
Launches an exclusive Union Budget 2021 programming line-up
India’s leading English Business News channel, ET NOW, has announced an exclusive programming line-up in the run-up to Union Budget 2021. Driving the theme, ‘Vaccine For Growth’, ET NOW's Budget programming is set against the agenda for India's ambitions to become a $5 Trillion economy, as the country sees silver linings after the COVID-19 outbreak.
Capturing the tone and the mood for the Union Budget 2021, ET NOW offers its viewers a comprehensive 360-degree perspective of the prescription that India seeks to grow to its full potential. Amplified with state of the art AR graphics and simplified budget analysis from the most seasoned market anchors, ET NOW brings industry leaders across sectors including R S Sodhi, Managing Director - Amul, Umang Vohra, MD & Global CEO - Cipla, Vibha Padalkar, MD & CEO - HDFC Life Insurance Company, Shefali Goradia, Partner - Deloitte India, A Balasubramanian, CEO - Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC, Sunil Sundaram, MD - Sundaram Mutual Fund, Rajesh Sharma, MD - Capri Global Capital Limited , S Naren, ED and CIO - ICICI Prudential AMC, Raamdeo Agrawal, Chairman - Motilal Oswal Financial, Puneet Chhatwal, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer – IHCL, Ashok Tyagi, Whole Time Director – DLF, Rajnish Kumar, Former Chairman - SBI amongst others to examine and decode Union Budget 2020 and put forth the nation’s economic priorities. The channel has also partnered with Deloitte India as Knowledge Partner, who will share the views of their Industry Experts on the social, political, and economic implications of the Union Budget.
Programming details below,
1. THE STREET VIEW: In the run-up to the budget, ET NOW helps the viewers you the best themes to play the market volatility and the sectors that are a complete no-go. The special show starting January 25 at 4 pm will feature best market veterans, who will analyse and decode what the D-Street wants to hear from the Finance Minister.
2. STATE OF THE ECONOMY: Presenting an on-ground report of the State of the Economy, ET NOW brings the true picture of the economy on January 25 at 7:30 pm with detailed discussions and interviews of India’s top economists.
3. INDIA DEVELOPMENT DEBATE – BUDGET SPECIAL: Starting January 25 at 9 pm, the budget special IDD will feature exclusive interviews and discussions with industry leaders to deliberate on the economy, markets and every subject that matters and lay out the budget roadmap for India. The eminent voices includes Gita Gopinath , Chief Economist – IMF, Dhruv Shringi, Co-Founder & CEO - Yatra.com, Dr. Niranjan Hiranandani, Co-Founder & Managing Director - Hiranandani Group of Companies, Anurag Katriar, President - National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI), Sanjay Sethi, MD & CEO- Chalet Hotels Ltd, Sangita Reddy, Joint MD - Apollo Hospitals & President, FICCI, Dr Ashutosh Raghuvanshi, Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director - Fortis Healthcare Limited.
4. STATE OF THE ECONOMY-Economists' Panel: Understanding the undertone of Budget 2021 from the best economic experts, Mythili Bhusnurmath, Consulting Editor, ET NOW will decode the current state of our macros with the most respected voices.
5. AGENDA FOR FM: On the eve of the Union Budget ET NOW presents the agenda that is set ahead of the Nirmala Sitharaman Finance Minister, as she tables the make-or-break Union Budget.
6. BUDGET ROUNDTABLE: A roundtable with the biggest voices of the industry to grasp the Budget expectations from the India Inc will be aired on January 27 at 8pm.
7. BUDGET & STARTUPs: What does the thriving start up community expect from the Union Budget.? A special Startup Central show on January 26 at 6pm ahead of the Budget, ET NOW will feature India’s top entrepreneurs, who will talk about their Budget 2021 wish list.
8. ECONOMIC SURVEY: THE MOOD OF THE NATION: On January 29, ET NOW will bring key voices including Krishnamurthy Subramanian, Chief Economic Advisor and Sanjeev Sanyal, Principal Economic Advisor, Dr Sajjid Chinoy, J.P. Morgan’s Chief India Economist and Abheek Barua, Chief Economist and Executive Vice President at HDFC Bank, Dr. Rathin Roy, Managing Director, ODI London amongst others to analyse the economic survey, which will chart out a path for India's revival and explore what ideas the survey will throw up in a post pandemic world.
9. BUDGET DAY: Commencing with the LIVE coverage of the FM speech, think tanks will simplify, analyse, and dissect the Budget and give real-time views as its being delivered. Tracking the economic and political impact of Budget, ET NOW will feature a series of series of in-depth discussions and interviews with key policy makers and present actionable ideas to revive India’s economic growth. As part of the strategic partnership with Deloitte India, ET NOW will also bring an exclusive Budget analysis by experts from Deloitte.
Wunderman Thompson Launches Annual Future 100 Report
Reveals 100 trends that will shape 2021, from touchless travel to micropreneurs
Wunderman Thompson, a WPP agency, announced today the launch of its annual Future 100 report, lifting the lid on trends shaping the coming 12 months. The report is developed by Wunderman Thompson Intelligence, the agency’s futures think tank and innovation unit.
These wide-ranging trends look at creative innovations set to go mainstream along with shifts in consumer behaviours across 10 sectors.
The one hundred trends are drawn from the culture, technology, travel, branding & marketing, food & drink, beauty, retail, health, business and finance sectors. For the first time the report also looks at work trends, as a mass shift to home working and rising unemployment upends our professional lives.
Mel Edwards, Global CEO, Wunderman Thompson commented, “At a time when gaining a competitive advantage has never been more important, the Future 100 report reveals the key trends that will shape consumer behaviour and define the way ambitious brands engage with their customers during the coming year. These insights will help marketing leaders inspire growth for their organisations and move forward into 2021 with confidence and optimism.”
Developments under the spotlight include:
Micropreneurs: Move over side hustles, there is a startup boom is in the making, fueled by the pandemic and rising unemployment, driving more and more people to make entrepreneurship their next career move
Immunity wellness: The world has never been so interested in how our immune systems can be boosted and the coming year will see numerous experts telling us how, from ancient treatments to DNA research
Mobilizing fandom: Fandoms are taking on a life of their own, moving from simply consuming pop culture to becoming amplifiers and content creators for their idols, online and en masse, with global K-pop fans leading the way
Unbiased banking: Another industry where inclusivity is on the rise is banking – specifically the online-only neobanks, including Simba and Greenwood, which address the frequently overlooked needs of minority groups
Cloud gaming: As video games become the latest media to get Netflixized, major players, including Amazon, Google, Tencent, Microsoft, Sony and Facebook, are betting big on cloud gaming
Touchless travel: From check-in and baggage drop to bathrooms and in-flight entertainment, every aspect of air travel is being reimagined to minimize contact and maximize hygiene to rebuild consumer confidence in travel
Big Brands Go Circular: From Gucci to Uniqlo, fashion brands are getting into the second-hand business, driven by rising sustainability concerns and slimmer wallets
Ghost kitchens: Influenced by the growth of delivery-first dining, this new restaurant concept sees off-premises dining prioritized
Foraged ingredients: Not another food trend, but a beauty one, with the emergence of new skincare brands made with wild-harvested plants and promising potent results
Live commerce: Retail-tainment is moving online with engaging, tailored shopping experiences using video streaming to demonstrate and sell products and interact with customers in real time
Emma Chiu, Global Director at Wunderman Thompson Intelligence, said: “Few of us will have experienced quite as much drama on a societal and global level as we did in 2020 and the fallout from that is more new trends than we’ve seen since we started publishing The Future 100, and behaviours which had been evolving slowly thrust into the mainstream. Knowing which of these trends matter and why has never been so important for marketers at a time when the very survival of many brands depends on adapting at pace.”